IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTE Members private profile information is not publicly visible. Visible Public profile information includes profile picture, first name, activity, friends & group lists All other data is held private, you may opt to make each field visible under “Profile Visiblity”
HOW TO RESTRICT WHO CAN VIEW YOUR PUBLIC/PRIVATE PROFILE? and
HOW TO HIDE YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE FROM THE MEMBER DIRECTORY?
- move your mouse to the top and click on Your Name > Account > Privacy
- click “Privacy Settings” (as shown below)
- select “Only Friends” under “Who can view your profile?”
- (Optional) select “Yes” under “Hide My Profile from Members Directory”
- click save to confirm
HOW TO UNLINK YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT?
- move your mouse to the top and click on Your Name > Account
- click “Social Accounts” (as shown below)
- click the blue “Unlink from Facebook” button
HOW TO DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT & REMOVE ALL ASSOCIATED POSTS?
- move your mouse to the menu at the top and click on Your Name > Account
- click “Account Status” (as shown below)
- click the “Deactivate” option then click the blue “Save” button
When your account is deactivated:
- Your user activities are hidden from all users
- Your user profile is hidden from all users
- You will no longer be able to receive/send friendship requests or messages
- You cannot perform any action unless the account is reactivated again.
- If you require any residual user data to be removed then please email this request to [email protected] (reactivation will not be possible)
HOW TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT & ALL ASSOCIATED DATA?
- move your mouse to the menu at the top and click on Your Name > Account
- click “Delete Account” (as shown below)
- click the “I understand the consequences” tick box
- click the “Delete Account” button
When your account is deleted:
- Your user activities, posts, and comments are deleted and will no longer be retrievable
- Your user profile and all profile information will be deleted
- You will no longer be able to sign-in nor receive/send friendship requests or messages
- You cannot perform any member actions unless your sign-up again
- All residual user data will be removed
Community Support Waitakere provides its nonprofit services to residents in New Zealand and does not market to businesses or individuals in NZ or other countries.
Your Information that CSW May Collect Online You can affirmatively submit to CSW certain user information pertaining to your interaction with CSW. User information may include a search query (such as the name and location of a business or charity) or other information as described more fully below. You can also provide location information (so that you can search near you or in an area you specify), or billing or donation information. We also may infer your geographic location based on your IP address or other information. User information may also include information pertaining to a marketplace complaint, such as your name, postal and e-mail address, phone and facsimile numbers, and description of the complaint or customer review.
When you submit a comment to a blog post on the CSW website, you also submit your name and email address to CSW. CSW may share that information with a third party, if a third party originated the blog post. When you apply to be a CSW arbitrator, you submit your name, address and other contact information, and information about your qualifications. CSW may also collect information from a business that inquires about CSW accreditation, conference attendance or program participation, some of which could constitute identifying information about a sole proprietor, as well as identifying information from individuals acting in their business capacity. If you report a scam through CSW Scam Tracker, you submit to CSW your name, state/province, postal code, email address and, if elected, telephone number.
Some applications on CSW websites to which you may submit comments or other information are administered by third parties. These applications collect, use and share information under third party privacy policies.
CSCW may obtain personal data regarding media contacts and influencers from a variety of sources..
CSW’s websites are not designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 13. CSW does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13.
CSW provides its nonprofit services to businesses and consumers in New Zealand and does not market to other countries’ businesses or individuals.
Cookies and Other Persistent Identifiers CSW or third parties we contract with may use persistent identifiers such as cookies, embedded scripts, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or similar technologies to collect certain information about visitors to our site and interactions with our online and mobile sponsorship information or advertisements.
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, geographical location, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the site, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the site. We also may collect information about your use of the site, including the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the site, the number of times you return to the site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our site, advertising that you click on, and other sites that you may visit.
You can still use CSW’s websites if you have set your browser to reject cookies or tracking identifiers, but it may prevent you from viewing or accessing some of the features of our sites.
CSW’s websites do not track visitors from outside New Zealand.
Uses of Persistent Identifiers CSW or third parties may use identifiers to generate certain kinds of site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used to understand how visitors use our sites and provide better services to you. CSW or third parties may also use identifiers to personalize the display of sponsorships or advertisements and customize the content you see while using our sites and sometimes while visiting other websites (see Your Ad Choices below).
CSW may transfer, or allow third parties to collect, analytic information about your visit to CSW websites to help us improve our websites and better serve you when you visit us online in the future. Analytic information may include such identifiers as your browser type, IP address, referring site URL, web pages you view and links you click on while navigating within our sites.
We use this information for a number of purposes, such as to provide easier site navigation, access to forms, or to track analytics and certain statistical information that enables us to improve our site and provide you with more relevant content and information on our site and other sites.
We may also use third party analytics and advertising tools, or allow third party companies, to serve ads and/or automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you interact with our site, advertising, or social media. This may include click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over. These third party tools or companies may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, or log files to collect such information.
How CSW Uses Your Information We will use information you affirmatively submit to CSW for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as to reply to your email, respond to your inquiry, handle your complaint, publish your customer review or comment, process billing and donation transactions, register your participation in an event, respond to requests related to program participation, review applications to be a CSW arbitrator, publish your scam report and communicate with you when necessary. We may also use such information to provide operational notices, in program record-keeping and to conduct research on industry marketplace practices. We may publish aggregate data, but the aggregate data will not include any user information you provided to us. At this time we do not respond to “do not track” signals issued by web browsers. We may contact individuals registering for events with information about other BBB events or, if relevant, membership or sponsorship opportunities.
We may use third party contractors to act on our behalf, and these contractors are obligated to not disclose or use your information for other purposes.
CSW relies on information collected from our users to develop new services and conduct analysis to enhance current content and services. Information collected from you may be used to review usage and operations of our site and address any resulting issues with our site.
At certain points where your information is collected on our site, there may be a box where you may indicate you would like to be on a mailing list to receive information about CSW or its affiliated organizations. This election box only appears in places where the service collecting your information maintains such lists. You can remove your name from a CSW mailing list by utilizing the appropriate unsubscribe feature contained in the emails.
CSW may also use the information we collect from you to enhance your online experience and provide you with customized site content and targeted information on the site, across third party sites, or through your mobile device.
Other Ways Your Information May Be Shared Inquiries, Complaints and Reviews
In order to process a complaint, CSW may send the complaint to the business (which may be outside of your country), handle the complaint itself, or refer the complaint to another appropriate organization for handling. CSW may handle complaints against foreign businesses or CSW may refer such complaints to an appropriate foreign organization. Depending on the type of complaint, CSW will provide complaints to the company complained about and, in some situations, to the company’s franchisor or licensor for quality control purposes. CSW may also send a customer review to the subject business (which may be outside of your country). By completing a complaint or review form or sending us a request or inquiry, you are authorizing us to forward your information to the appropriate CSW office or to the proper business.
CSW Scam Tracker We will publicly post your description of the reported scam on the CSW Scam Tracker website along with your postal code. We will share your name, state/province, postal code, email address and other information you submit with other CSWs administering CSW Scam Tracker. We may also share this information with governmental agencies, law enforcement and other appropriate organizations for investigation or research. With your consent, CSW may share your information in response to media inquiries.
Other purposes CSW may also share your information under the following circumstances:
- We routinely share New Zealand complaint and CSW Scam Tracker information with the Commerce Commission for its consumer protection activities.
- We respond to requests from governmental agencies or where required by law (such as by subpoena, investigative demand, court order or regulation).
- We may share information where our records indicate a company may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other unfair or deceptive practices that we believe should be referred to a governmental agency or a private organization whose work is consistent with the CSW mission.
- We may share information with appropriate governmental authorities, where warranted by a company’s failure to (i) participate in CSW or CSW self-regulatory programs; (ii) follow procedures or implement a decision of CSW EU Privacy Shield or (iii) participate in or honor the recommendations of the National Advertising Division, Children’s Advertising Review Unit, National Advertising Review Board, Electronic Retailing Self-Regulatory Program, or Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program.
- We may share information with appropriate persons or governmental authorities, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
- We may share information with CSW National Programs or CSW Wise Giving Alliance.
- We may share business information with third parties for such purposes as allowing search engines and others to identify CSW accredited businesses, or for quality control purposes of franchisors or licensors.
International Transfers If you are visiting our site from outside New Zealand, be aware that your information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located within New Zealand. The collection, use, retention and any other processing of your information will be governed by New Zealand law and further by the specific jurisdictions within New Zealand where that information is stored, unless otherwise specified. CSW provides its nonprofit services to businesses and consumers in New Zealand and does not market to businesses or individuals outside New Zealand.
Updates If CSW changes this policy in the future, we will post the changes here and indicate the date of the changes at the top of the policy.