Some of the things we have been doing
- Coordinated a number of amazing volunteer drivers
- Conducted Free Online Money Management & Budgeting Courses
- Provided phone counselling and referrals services
- Supported mentally unwell homeless individual with free accommodation & food
- Mentoring and supporting individual struggling with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Providing food & equipment for flood victims in West Auckland & Hawkes Bay
- Many hours of free IT support work for churches, charities, & other computer challenged individuals
- Better preparing & resourcing local people against emergencies & hazard events
Photo: Steven receiving Neighbourhood Support NZ Champion 2021 Award
In mid July 2022 Steven suffered a Widows-Maker heart attack after still doing deliveries that evening and was rushed by ambulance to Auckland Hospital for emergency surgery. Thanks to the excellent St Johns ambulance crew, Auckland Hospital’s emergency & Cardiac Catheterization Lab teams, and God’s Grace, Steven managed to defy the 88% normal death rate. Much of our food supplies and other resources were trucked across to Ranui Baptist Community Care, who supported many people in West Auckland & Hawkes Bay after the cyclone Gabrielle disaster. Looking forward to the future, it is our hope for the team to expand and include a number of new faces, plus consolidating our work with other large teams of support workers.
Please link with us by letting us know what you have to offer our community but more importantly what you need help with.